To Call In the Airstrike, Please Press 2

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

How lame!

Who never updates? Me!

So my 2nd of 8 weeks of 'Cram-it-in-summer-school' is just about over, and my patience with teachers is still running pretty low. My design teacher had us bring in photos to do a drawing from and then decides that she changed her mind, we should just spend 3 hours drawing an unattractive painting she's into instead. 3 hours working on something I hate that I can't do anything useful with because it's based on someone's famous painting. This after last week, when we drew illustrations to music, and were asked to bring in CDs (most of us don't keep our music anywhere but our computers, so we burned them) that were never used because she either forgot or didn't care. It really irritates me because I really get into these classes, but she's not willing to teach as much as I feel entitled to learn. This last project had NOTHING to do with design. Just replication.

ANYWAY!

Knitting is always rewarding, right? Well...It tries.

I felted my first bag and am now the proud owner of a cute but completely useless Manos Del Uraguay purse. That is so long and thin and short strapped, it's only cute when laying on a flat surface. I am seriously considering chopping it into coasters. Expensive coasters.

I'm a kitchener stitch away from a pair of sparkly socks that refuse to have matching toes. Next time I'm going to ask Ms. Gwen the sock friend how to do the toe-up socks.

My mohair hat is coming along nicely, and now that my Mom & I have come to a new place in our friendship (a good one), I will resume working on the PoD (Poncho of Doom).

I'm still not assigned to someone to spoil in SP5. I really hope to have somebody! I'm going to Stitches MidWest in August and am going to pick up some fun stuff there just in case. Of course, I'm sure I could find SOMEthing to do with it if there was no one to spoil! :)

I've been mystery shopping up a storm, I have a cool one tomorrow where I get to reveal myself at the end. That is unusual for a Shopper. It makes me hope that I get someone totally evil to assist me because I'm vindictive like that.

Saturday is the Race for the Cure. It had better not be too hot. It looks so long!



I hope we don't die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home