To Call In the Airstrike, Please Press 2

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Secret Pal 5

I'm so glad I made it in time! WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

OK, sorry, I'm a total spaz about presents and mail and shopping for people.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I'm not necessarily a yarn snob, but I live in a city with real yarn shops, so I tend not to be impressed by Lion or Red Heart or anything readily available at Michael's/Hobby Lobby. But if it's pretty, I don't care what it is or where it came from!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Nope.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Nope. I have 4 cats. I'd better not have any allergies!

4. How long have you been knitting?

About 1.5 years, on and off.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Oh yesss I do. It's here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Verbena, lemony stuff. Unusual scents like black pepper. Foody stuff.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Not really, but I do love gummi things. Wine gums, gummi bears, etc.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Oh man. Photography, stained glass, beaded and wire jewelry making, calligraphy, glass painting & etching.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like mostly indie/folk music. I have a listing here on my blog info of bands I like. Yes, it can.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

MMMM. Grey. Like a dark grey. I like dark earth tones or muted jewel tones. I am a huge fan of Dark orange and Olive and Dark Grey.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married to the cutest guy ever and we live in a house with our 4 cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I want to live in Germany or some other lovely place with great weather and no bugs. I love to travel. I want to spend all my time knitting on trains across the world.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Soft, non scratchy stuff. Like silk garden from Noro. But if the colors are beautiful, I'll love it no matter what. Like filatura di crosa print 127.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

SCRATCHY ACRYLIC!!!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Well, I'm into socks when I can find fat striping sock yarns, but I haven't really found many. They hide! And felting and purses and cables. Anything new.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Oooh, guess I jumped the gun there. But I also really like knitting baby things from nice soft baby yarns.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, a felted bag, a novelty yarn poncho, a mohair 20's hat. Soon I'll start some baby things and cool tops.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Well. I don't personally think they're useful for me. But I'm making one for my mom right now. I'm kind of anti-poncho, shrug, capelet, etc.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I really have no preference. Just depends on the project. But if I'm working in the round I'll use circs if I can get away with it.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Oh jeez! Bamboo. But for huge 'ol felting projects, I'll go plastic. Just say no to aluminum.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yes.

22. How did you learn to knit?

From books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

I started it in April.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

So many! I like Lenore from Roman Dirge. Animals - I LOVE otters! Cute woodland creatures. I like Tare Panda and Mashimaro lots too. (Google)

25. What is your favorite holiday?

St. Patrick's Day - I love Green!

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Smashed pennies from all over, old macintosh ephemera, old and new postcards.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Interweave.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

All of them! I have a bunch listed on Amazon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home