To Call In the Airstrike, Please Press 2

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Performance Anxiety

This week, I will be returning to my local Stitch N Bitch (aka Knitting posse, after several weeks off. Before I went on vacation, I asked them what yarns were hard to find so that I wouldn't come home proudly displaying a bunch of yarn I could have bought here in the first place. And then I went on vacation and didn't find any of the yarns they talked about anyway. So tonight I feel like I should be going in with all this cool stuff, and what I really have is 2 scarves that are pretty, but useless in this 83 degree weather and a couple of balls of God-knows-what that I don't know what to do with.

I always feel like I should have something fun and interesting to take to these things. I have my mom's poncho, but I really think they'll just tell me I'm doing it wrong or picked a bad yarn to do that with (as it will be so delicate) or something. I don't know why I feel such pressure to compete here. It's knitting, for fuck's sake.

However! Beth, the group's organizer is out of school for the summer, and we always go out to dinner when she can make it, because it's pretty rare. And mexican food (even fake mexican food) is a good reason to leave the house. She's doing a cool thing - chopping off like 2 feet of hair and donating that and the $1000 that she (surely) will have raised by Saturday to Locks of Love so that they can make a wig for a financially disadvantaged child suffering from long-term medical hair loss. Feel free to make a donation here. I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home