To Call In the Airstrike, Please Press 2

Saturday, September 17, 2005

I can't dance

Coldplay fans are strange people. I joined a few thousand of them tonight at the UMB Bank Budweiser Smirnoff 101 The Point ex-Riverport amphitheatre. Here's what I have realized.

+ Watching white people dance is arguably the world's most painful spectator sport.

+ I may have missed the coke wagon on my way in, but she certainly did not.

+ Get that girl a pole!

+ That guy was doing that same dance at a 311 show.

+ Chris Martin is good on his feet and I am an old lady with no sense of balance. His running and bouncing around the stage had me worried for his joint and limb safety.

+ Much as they'd like, Coldplay will never surpass U2 as the world's biggest rock act. I love them, but when you can leave a show that easily, yet have no complaints and have thought they put on a technically great show, even with the trademark English wit - something's missing.

Midway through the show, the obnoxious drunk who'd been doing 'the swim' for most of the show turned around to reassure us that this show was totally worth the money and give us high fives.

Thank you - now I can go on with my life.

1 Comments:

  • Yea for the "Spazztastics"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home